Monday 29 April 2013

Blogging from A to Z, Y is for being young

It's day 25 of the A to Z challenge!


Here are some of the best things about being young


You had no or very few responsibilities, no bills to pay, no work you have to go to.

No fear, you're happy to pick up that slimy frog or try all the scary fair ground rides (well I certainly was).

You're imagination knows no boundaries.

The sense of fun you have as a child, some of  us never loose this and some of us do.  I don't think Hubby and I have lost our inner child, yet...

Getting into fits of the giggles over absolutely nothing and regularly laughing so much your belly hurt.

Spending all day with your friend and then getting home and calling them up and spending another hour on the phone to them.

The wonder of experiencing things for the first time.

Believing in Father Christmas.

The world is still full of possibilities.

Being read bedtime stories.

You're friends knocking on your door asking if you want to go out and play.

Not worrying about the calorie content of foods.

Not caring about what is fashionable or following the latest trends.  Although why my parents thought it was ok to dress me in a mustard yellow dress with a white suite jacket with major shoulder pads, I will never know.  Niethr do they, they found it quite amusing when we came arcoss this photo!


I leave you with a few quotes about being young:

To be old and wise, you must first have to be young and stupid. 
 - Unknown 

When you're young, everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not. It's just the beginning.
         -  Mike O'Donnell from 17 again                                

“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.”
― Dr. Seuss

quotes.waahwaah.in
 Last day of challenge tomorrow! We're nearly there guys!


5 comments:

  1. So true, Kate!
    My childhood wasn't problem and worry free as you know, but tried to make sure our kids don't have worries. Of course my illness came and stomped all over that but they do still have as normal a childhood as we can manage.
    Also, re your dress, ouch! ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were young we wanted to be older,every age seemed better than the one we were at and it's still like that except we want to go back the way now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish that once we reached a certain age (maybe 60) we would start going backwards in age. That way we've learned to appreciate life and can enjoy being young again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weren't we lucky. That sounds like my childhood too but many children have to work, go hungry, are abused. Thank you for reminding me to count my blessings.

    ReplyDelete

❀Thanks for stopping by, I always love to here what you have to say. I like to reply to your comments and especially love it when you're NOT a "noreplyblogger" so I can email my reply to you! If you like what you read have a peek to your right for ways you can follow me and my blog❀

Total Pageviews