Tuesday 30 April 2013

Blogging from A to Z, Z is for zoomania...


Few!!!!! *lets out a humongous sigh as wipes brow*

So we've made it to the last day of the blogging from A to Z April challenge.  As fun as it has been I'm kind of glad it's all over as it's quite a task writing posts for everyday with all the other boring responsibilities of life, working full time, housework (this may have slipped a little in the past month) and Maid of Honor duties of organizing Hen nights. 

Well on to the letter Z.  Z is for zoo's, well actually more of a safari park. They've both got animals in right?  Now no matter what your feelings are about zoos or wildlife parks, there's not many children who don't love them.  I know I did as a child.  I have always had  zoomania (an insane fondness of animals, http://phrontistery.info/z.html) Ok I don't and never have had zoomania, animal lover yes, an insane fondness no. I just though I'd throw another 'Z' word in there being the last day and all that.

As a kid I went to London Zoo, and Windsor Safari Park.  I haven't been to one for years. Windsor Safari park is long gone now though.



Here's some pictures of Windsor Safari Park, I really wanted to find one of the monkeys and baboons climbing over cars but couldn't.  I found these pictures on http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page.


http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_6250000/newsid_6252500/6252515.stm

I have mentioned the Magic Roundabout in a previous post but Zebedee is so cool he warrants his own mention, and his name begins with Z!
The Magic Roundabout
 Zebedee

Here's a clip of  Zebedee and his famous closing words, time for bed... He always had the last words.



Remember this duo, Zig and Zag, they first appeared on our TVs in 1987, so I would have been 10 around then.



I know I have talked about computers already but I saved this one for my Z post, the ZX Spectrum. That just don't make computers like they use to eh! Ha ha!

File:ZXSpectrum48k.jpg

So that's it, it's all over for another year.  It's been tough at times but we've made it through.  Thanks to everyone for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I loved to read all the comments I got.  If I missed replying or vising your blog I'm sorry, leave a comment and will do so. Apart from the A to Z challenge, April has been a crazy busy month.. Will I do this again next year? I'm a glutton for punishment so probably, well if I can get organised then I will... We shall see...

I have discovered some great new blogs and met some lovely people. So thank you for all the support you have shown through visiting my blog and I hope I will see you  here again in the future too. 

Oh and a big thank you for Arlee Bird and all the other guys who make this challenge possible!


6 comments:

  1. We did it! Phew indeed!
    Same time next year? haha! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we did it! I was much more organised this year as you will be next year now you know what's involved.
    I'd love to go to Monkey World in Dorset but it's just so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing the challenge! Yay for May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED Zig and Zag!

    I've really enjoyed the A-Z Challenge but I'm quite glad it's over - I need a rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoomania. We have it here.

    ReplyDelete


  6. I like zoos but especially when they take the trouble to make the enclosures as 'habitat-like' as possible. I appreciate their role in protecting animals that might not otherwise survive, such as wolves.

    Congratulations on surviving the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

❀Thanks for stopping by, I always love to here what you have to say. I like to reply to your comments and especially love it when you're NOT a "noreplyblogger" so I can email my reply to you! If you like what you read have a peek to your right for ways you can follow me and my blog❀

Total Pageviews