1) Through the good times and the bad I am blessed with my wonderful Hubby Pete. There's lots of corny, soppy things that can be said but that's not really me. So in a nut shell he just knows how to make me smile. A friend was asking how things were the other day and she commented on how strong our relationship was. We've been through so much together but however bad things get, he can always bring a smile to my face and turn my tears into laughter. He can read me like a book so when even when I try to hide my feelings from him when I'm feeling sad he always picks up on them. Sometimes I need to just sit and be quiet , sometimes I need to get angry or cry and he's there for all these times but one of the things he does best is make me laugh. Humour can be a great cure for the blues!
I am extremely lucky and have the most loving and supportive parents. Both my Mum and Dad often do things which make me smile, sometimes its the little things they do that mean the most, like picking up something they know I like whilst out shopping or surprising me by bringing Spike along when they had to pick me up from work when my car was in for repairs. Its like a wise little bear once said, sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart, good old Winnie the Pooh. Last week we had the pleasure of catching up with two of my Aunts who we hadn't seen in a very long time. One came over from Germany and one from Australia. They are my Mum's sisters and it has been many years since the three of them have been together. My Mum has had a difficult and frustrating few months after her knee replacement so it was wonderful to see her relaxing and enjoying herself with her sisters. Along with a great family I am also very lucky to be blessed with some fabulous in-laws. After we received the news about Pete's op, a lovely surprise came in the post, a card and a little wooden guardian angel. It was from my Sister-in-law and her family. It was just a little card to say that they were always there for us. I am a lucky gal.
4) One of my favourite movies is Despicable me. The second film is due out in 2013 but Hubby found the following clip which I love!!! It makes me VERY happy. It never fails to bring a smile to my face. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend watching it.
5) After dinner a bit later we we'll go for an evening stroll. We are lucky to live near many gorgeous places to walk. There's something about taking a walk in the evening in the countryside as dusk is creeping in and the birds are chattering away, its so peaceful and serene. When you walk through the wood at the local country park, it almost looks like a painting. Sometimes you can be lucky and even get a glimpse of bats flitting about and the very occasional deer.
6) Going on holiday, definitely brings a smile to my face! It's great to get away. The last couple of years we have opted to holiday in England and although we weren't as lucky with the weather this year, we had a wonderful time. I just love to go exploring, me, Hubby and the Hound. There's so many beautiful places to explore in England. Look at the picture below, looks somewhere tropical doesn't it, it's Padstow in Cornwall on the one day of sunshine we had on holiday. The other pics are Spike having fun in the sand.
7) Sunshine! Its been a gloriously sunny day today, it was my early finish, so I thought I should make the most of the sunshine and rather then doing housework (definitely doesn't make me smile), pointlessly walking around the shops (although shopping does make me smile) I thought I would grab the laptop and chill in the garden. Its just so peaceful sitting her, listening to the birds singing away and the bumble bees buzzing around the lavender bushes. *sighs contentedley*
8) Sitting in the sunshine I decided I best put on some sun cream. Every time I put it on I have the same thought, 'I love that smell'. The smell of sun cream, makes me smile. It conjures up memories of holidays in the sun, lounging by the pool or beach. I love the way smells can do that, trigger memories (but only if their good memories of course).
9) Surprises, surprises are great! Not just the ones that involve being given a gift but when someone does or says something (nice obviously) that surprises you or they do something unexpected for you. These are some of the best surprises.
If your reading my blog then you make me happy! Do you know what makes me even happier? If you leave a comment. So how about telling me something that makes you smile? I'd love to know what makes you happy too.