Friday 2 March 2012

Howdy guys.  Finally I have a chance to post my answers to the Hounded Read-along! Had a busy day, worked this morning and then rushed home to go and visit my poor mum who's in hospital after having a knee replacement.  It's her first day post-op and she's feeling pretty rough, bless her.  She's doing ok though just lots of pain as you can imagine after having your leg chopped in 3!

For those of you who read my blog you may have noticed a new button on my blog 'Kiss me I'm Irish read-along'.  So what's it all about?  Well I have signed up for a read-along for the seriously awesome book by Kevin Hearne Hounded.  It is being hosted by Amanda of On a Book Bender, Ash of Smash Attack Reads!, Jen of In the Closet With a Bibliophile, Missie of The Unread Reader  and Felicia of the Geeky Bloggers Book Blog .  Five fabulous blogs for those who love reading.  

So here are my answers to the first set of questions that have been set - 

Questions Week 1 (March 5th): Chapters 1 to 5

1) Kevin Hearne had the most perfect beginning for this book:  "There are many perks to living for twenty-one centuries, and formost among them is bearing witness to the rare birth of genius."  If you were to live for centuries what do you think you would be excited to see? 

Great question and 'bearing witness to the rare birth of genius" would be amazing along with the many things you would get to witness.  There are two things I would be most excited about though. Firstly and perhaps selfishly a cure for multiple sclerosis.  The second thing would be the invention of a canine communicator so we could all enjoy our own personal Oberon's thoughts!  That would be just tooooooooooooooooo exciting!!!!!!!!!  Oh if only.......

2) In the 2nd chapter we learn about the amulet and its protection powers!  Do you think having met the Morrigan and heard about Aenghus Og that it will be enough to protect Atticus?  I mean the Morrigan has a point about hot chicks coming after him and his defences might be down! He is very male!

Hmmmm, it's kind of heard not to cheat as I've read all the books so far, but I'm trying not to.  Yes he's made a deal with the Morrigan but she is not the only God of Death so others could come and take him if he get himself in to that predicament.  So our delightful Druid best be careful and keep himself safe!  The Morrigan was right to point out to him how easily it is to be seduced and our dear Atticus does seem to attract the ladies (understandably).

3) The literary world's coolest dog is introduced in this chapter!  Did you love Oberon immediately?  Show me a picture or describe the type of animal you would love to have as a talking companion! (Cat, Dog, Mouse, Sloth, Horse---what is your pick--pictures please)?

Out of all the animals (and it would be pretty damn cool to talk to most of them) I would have to opt for a dog as my talking companion.  So here's the dog I'd like to communicate with.




Oh if only it could be true. I often talk to my dog but it's all so one sided.

4) In this chapter Flidais asked Atticus what his name is and then precedes to ask if anyone actually believes he is Greek?  He says nobody pays attention to names here.  Do you know what your name means and where it comes from?  Or do you have a name you wish had?  Let's talk names!

Well my name apparently means pure or virginal?  What can I say about that? Of course I am pure of heart *snort, snigger, cough, splutter*.   My married name is Rigby, which is a surname originally  derived from an Old Norse  name meaning 'Ridge farm', which I thinks kind of cool (ok so it would be cooler if it meant something other then 'ridge farm' but the Old Norse' part is definitely cool.


5) We learn about Atticus' lawyers in this chapter, a rather unique combo!  Without jumping ahead, would you hire a lawyer combination of two supernaturals who on the surface would appear to be natural enemies or at the very least two very Alpha attitudes? What would be the positives and negatives of that decision.


I would opt for the two supernaturals, like Atticus two different supernatural beings, a vampire and a lycanthrope would be good.  That way they would have some unusual skills that could come in handy in some situations.  Having two Alpha attitudes could present with a number of problems, you could be dealing with some big egos there.  I'd say the pros would outweigh the cons though.


So that's my answers for the first part of the read along.   I'm shattered so I will have to check out what other people have had to say tomorrow.  Night all.




6 comments:

  1. I can feel that you reigning in the spoiler stuff. :D This is my first time to join a read-along, hoping to get through everyone pages too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so right! I'm trying not to! Thanks for checking my answers out. I'm going to look at what other people have said now. It's my first one too, it will be nice to meet other bloggers :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very interested in why the Morrigan is interested in protecting Atticus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the pooch! and i completely agree with 5.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imagine how awesome it would be to see the cure for diseases. There are so many I'd love to see tackled, MS being one of them.

    I love Atticus. He's this super old guy, but he's totally hormonally challenged and it cracks me up! I mean if there's a woman he's like OKAY! LOL!

    Your doggy is adorable! I love his sleeping face, he looks so peaceful. LOL! His dream clouds are awesome. Reminds me of Disney's Cinderella when the dog is chasing the cat in his dream. ;D

    Old Norse!!! That is definitely awesome! Seriously awesome! And Pure Virginal? HAHA! Even though I don't know you, that just makes me giggle. You'd think I wasn't 28, but I am. I'm like a 12 yo little boy. *giggles again* I'm SO glad you could participate! Can't wait for your answers to next weeks questions! *hugs* Hope Mum is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys for your comments. I wish I'd of thought of putting 'french poodles' in Spike's dream cloud! Atticus is definitely hormonal and easily led by women. Jen thanks for the well wishes for my mum, it's been hard but she's doing well. It's surprising how much difference a few days even hours make a difference. Bookgoonie, is such a great book and all will be revealed in time :o)I'm glad I'm glad I could participate. I love the fact that your interacting with people from all over the world when it comes to blogging. Looking forward to Friday and the next lot of questions. So far my first experience of a read-along is all good!

    ReplyDelete

❀Thanks for stopping by, I always love to here what you have to say. I like to reply to your comments and especially love it when you're NOT a "noreplyblogger" so I can email my reply to you! If you like what you read have a peek to your right for ways you can follow me and my blog❀

Total Pageviews