Wednesday 21 March 2012

Happy Anniversary to The Olds

Last Saturday (17th) was my Mum and Dad (The Olds), wait for it .... 50th anniversary.  Yes, 50 golden years. That's  not something to be taken lightly. As with any marriage they've had they've had their ups and downs but ultimately but when you get down to the nitty gritty of it all they love each other very much.  I have been blessed with wonderful parents, they mean the word to me.  They have supported my brother and I through thick and thin and I tell you, we haven't always made it easy for them.   In this day and age I feel far too many jump into relationships far to quickly, celebrities are particularly fond of doing this it seems.  As quick as they're breaking up with someone they're falling "in love" with another.  I just don't get it, how they fall in and out of love so easily.  For me falling in love is a major thing and I'm afraid not one that comes easily unless we're talking about the likes of shoes or handbags!  In my life I have had several long term relationships and at the time they seemed to matter immensely to me but I can honestly say my wonderful Hubby Pete was my first love and he will be have my love forever.  It's a love I never doubt.  So I hope to follow in my parents footsteps and have 50 wonderful years behind us.  


Unfortunately my Mum wasn't up for any big celebrations as she is still recovering from her knee replacement but in a few weeks when she's up and running we will do something special to celebrate. 


Meanwhile...



1 comment:

  1. Ah, only just seen this. How lovely! Hope your Mum still got to enjoy a little of her anniversary - what a beautiful glittery piccie thing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

❀Thanks for stopping by, I always love to here what you have to say. I like to reply to your comments and especially love it when you're NOT a "noreplyblogger" so I can email my reply to you! If you like what you read have a peek to your right for ways you can follow me and my blog❀

Total Pageviews