Friday 23 January 2015

Sewing room storage: DIY Thread and scissor organiser.

I know Christmas feels like an age ago now, well it does for me but I want to share with you the fabulous Christmas pressie my clever Hubby made for me, I was so impressed and it was a complete surprise. On my Christmas list was threads for my sewing and Hubby had noticed I'd also been looking up on my computer, thread storage.

So... he made me this!






Hubby up-cycled an old picture frame, by painting it, covering the back of the picture frame board insert with foam and then with grey velour material, which apparently was an old jumpsuit and then he made the hooks and pegs with wooden beading and dowels. The picture frame and jumpsuit were purchased from a charity shop and the rest he had or bought. Now I wouldn't of chose the grey jumpsuit material but it goes so well and looks really lovely.

What a clever chappy with a very happy wife.

This week I've been featured on Funtastic Friday, a fabulous linky party on Olives n Okra hosted by Sherry. Get over there and add your project or just take a look for some inspiration.



Click on the link to see what other parties I'm joining in with - Link up and party.

*update- Just checked out Saturday sharefest Saturday Sharefest @The SITS Girls. and so happy to see my picture featured! If you aren't already get over there to for the Sharefest and then there's the Twitter party 3 PM GMT/7 AM PST/10 AM EST #SITSBlogging*



15 comments:

  1. What a clever hubby you have I'm so jealous. I have the same sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Anne, I was so impressed bless him. He bought me the threads too, I love all the colours. It's not a bad little machine is it.

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure my other half would know where to start when making something like this. I, too, am envious x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was impressed, I should get him to write down the instructions and do a post about it. I love it and what makes it special is he made it. It's useful and pretty x

      Delete
  3. That's a lovely present to make. So thoughtful!
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was really chuffed. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. You have a clever and thoughtful husband! Your thread storage holder is perfect! I would love if you would share these at my blog party, Celebrate It! It is all about how we celebrate the big and little moments of our lives!
    http://thefreshmancook.blogspot.com/2015/01/celebrate-it-blog-party.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teri, he is bless him. Thanks for stopping by and I would love to share at your blog party :)

      Take care

      Kate :)

      Delete
  5. I LOVE this!! This is going on my hubby's to-do list too!! Lol. Thanks for sharing :)
    Lindi @ www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he, I bet he'll be pleased. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      See you again I hope

      Kate :)

      Delete
  6. Such a great idea. I would love to do something like this in my house. Thanks for linking up to Funtastic Friday. Hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry, thanks for stopping by. I'm lovign your Funtastic Friday, thanks for hosting :o)

      Delete
  7. That is adorable!! What a great way to organize in a small space! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Jamie. It is perfect for a small space and looks pretty on the wall.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's some beautiful organization! Thanks for joining us at the #HomeMattersParty - we hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete

❀Thanks for stopping by, I always love to here what you have to say. I like to reply to your comments and especially love it when you're NOT a "noreplyblogger" so I can email my reply to you! If you like what you read have a peek to your right for ways you can follow me and my blog❀

Total Pageviews