Saturday 16 March 2013

Saturday Delights




March is always a busy month for me, work is always just that little bit chaotic as we have lots to get done before the end of March.  I'm always happy when I get to Friday though as much as I love my job who doesn't love a weekend off more! Down to business, I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday so here's some Friday Saturday delights!

I've discovered a few things I want to share with you this week and I've also done a little bit more sewing. The sewing projects didn't quite go as well as my first one but I'm learning from my mistakes.

As I have mentioned before there are so many great tutorials on the internet on blogs, You Tube and on Pinterest.  Here are a few of the great tips I found, great for beginners (and for some of the more experienced sewers too).  Follow the links to see the relevant posts.



One of things I've been wanting to make since getting my sewing machine is a cute cover for my mobile phone. It already has a hard case but I have recently opted for a simple black hard wearing class rather then a fancy one, felt it would protect my phone a bit more.  Since I have a boring case I thought I could make a pretty pouch to put it in.

Here's my first attempt

It actually turned out okay in the end  although there's a few things I need to improve on but for my first attempt it went ok.  As always, I made things harder for myself and have thought of a better way (I think) so I will try again. I will do a post on how I did it soon.  They are different tutorials but sometimes I like to work out my own way which as I say means I often make things harder for myself.

I also made a small zipper pouch. It is quite cute but I made a mistake with the zipper and I didn't make sure it was correctly place or I we could say I placed it incorrectly so I ended up with a pinched zip!


I'm always looking for gorgeous sites where I can by lots of pretty things, below are the ones I have found this week which I am sure I'll be making much use of.


I am really tempted to join the craft club on Seamstar.  You pay a monthly subscription, £9.99 plus £2.99 p&p and you get a package full of lots of goodies as shown in image above.  They send you everything you need to complete a craft project! There is also lots of gorgeous material and various haberdashery items to stock up your sewing supplies with too.


Wood, Styrofoam & MDF Shapes to Decorate.

At Cuddly Buddly you will find a plethora of fabulous craft supplies.

http://cuddlybuddly.com/

I've mentioned in a previous post the fabulous shope The Fluff-a-torium.  Well I'm very excited as I have just booked my learn to make a bag day there.  I'm really looking forward to learning how to do things correctly.
 sewing-courses-at-the-fluff-a-torium
http://www.gilliangladrag.co.uk/courses/sewing-courses-learn-to-sew-a-bag-using-a-sewing-machine.html

The last thing I want to share is a sewing dictionary I found.  It has all the different terms you come across when you are looking at patterns and projects to do so I have found this quite helpful.


http://www.thesewingdictionary.com

That's it for this week, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  The weather in Surrey is pretty rotten, hope it's better where you are.







No comments:

Post a Comment

❀Thanks for stopping by, I always love to here what you have to say. I like to reply to your comments and especially love it when you're NOT a "noreplyblogger" so I can email my reply to you! If you like what you read have a peek to your right for ways you can follow me and my blog❀

Total Pageviews