I've been tagged by the lovely Donna Trinder whose fabulous blogs are a must read, http://donnasroomforreading.blogspot.co.uk and http://donna-lostandfound.blogspot.co.uk/
So Donna has tagged me in the 5 Random Facts Meme. Ta very Much Donna, you know I enjoy taking in part in these things, oh and sorry it's taken me so long to do.
The rules, there's just a couple.
1) Post 5 random facts about yourself.
2) Choose 5 other deserving blogs to nominate and link their blogs in your post - but no tag backs to whoever nominated you.
3) Tell you nominees they have chosen them for this award by leaving a comment on their blogs and if you like on Twitter.
Ok, so 5 random facts about me...
1) Both my parents were born in India, and came to England in 1957.So I have an Anglo-Indian heritage. I would love to look into our family history more, there's so much I don't know but when I have tried it's not been so easy to find information. I need to go to somewhere in London where I'll be able to get hold of records which may help me find out more about my family history (the name of this place has completely escaped my mind, doh!). One of these days I hope me Dad will actually write his memoirs because I would hate for all the history of our family to be lost. Both my parents childhoods were very different to mine and make for an interesting story.
2) At the moment I am in love with a highland cow called Gordon. No, I'm not loosing the plot (well may be a little bit). Hubby bought me this gorgeous little ornament of a Highland cow, ( I love highland cows). I called him Gordon and I love him so much, he's only small and a simple little thing but he's one of my most favourite pressies Hubby has bought me. *darling Husband sighs and rolls .his eyes at me while smugly smiling to himself that he found Gordon*
3) I seem to have forgotten how to cook! I use to always cook for myself but then Hubby came along and he does most of the cooking now which means my brain seems to have locked away all my former knowledge and skills some where deep inside my brain. When I do try to cook something a bit more adventurous I always seem to mess it up now.
4) I've copied this one from http://mumsmakelists.blogspot.co.uk/ who originally passed on this Meme to Donna. I use to have my belly button pierced and also my tongue! The belly button ring grew out itself ( Yuck!) as my body rejected it. The tongue piercing I loved but when when I first had health problems, which included speech difficulties, which unbeknown to me at the time was the first touches of MS, I decided to take it out then.
5) I played the guitar for 3 years in Junior school but I don't actually think I learnt to play a tune! I think it would be safe to say I wasn't musically talented. I even played the flute but that only lasted around 6 months. See a pattern anyone? There's several things I can add to the list of things I started but never kept up. My worst record for giving up would be tap dancing. I went to 1 class!
So that's my random facts, I'm not sure if I have ever mentioned fact no 1 or 3 in previous posts before so apologies if I have.
Here's the 5 bloggers I would like to nominate, please don't feel obliged but I would love to hear some random facts about you.
Over recent months I have discovered lots of interesting blogs, so I thought I would use this meme as an opportunity to get to know some of the bloggers behind said blogs better! Here's 5 bloggers who I'd liked to know more about, as I said please don't feel obliged but if you fancy it then would be great to hear your random facts and get to know you a little better.
Fotini from Glamerous, Affordable Life She has a gorgeous blog with some lovely ideas, check it out for some inspiration.
Tricia from http://www.raising-humans.com. In her own words 'Raising Humans is about those lessons. The beautiful moments where we learn to stop and appreciate. And the terrible moments where, despite our frustration and, sometimes, desperation, we grow. Together.'
Carol from http://carolhedges.blogspot.co.uk. Carol is an author of teenage/adult fiction and has a fabulous blog.
Maggie from http://accidentallybydesign.com another fabulous blog with lots of interesting posts about varying topics, some of which really get you thinking.
Christine from Chew Nibble Nosh. On this lovely blog you will find lots of yummy recipes and ideas.
Hope you enjoyed.