Saturday 8 August 2015

My Dad, my hero.

There are times in life when you need to give yourself a kick up the butt and its one of those times for me. I need to grab one of Hubbies size 12's, slip it on and give myself a boot up the ass!

Well consider it done!


Ok enough silliness. I'm just coming out from a bit of a downer. You know, when you've had lots of fun (possibly had a few too many glasses of Prosecco *hiccup*) and once all the fun is over you feel a little flat. Well that's been me.

So what fun, have I been up to? Well my dear Dad, turned 80! I seriously can't believe it. Where do the years go by? So we've had lots of celebrating.

For the month of July I had several posts planned, in honour of my Dad, but they didn't quite happen. But I can't let his 80th birthday pass on by with out a post or two about it and him.

For today though I'm going to share with you a poem about fathers and daughters, I thought it was lovely. So although it was back in July, happy birthday once again to my wonderful Dad,

Special Hero

When I was a baby,
you would hold me in your arms.
I felt the love and tenderness,
keeping me safe from harm.
I would look up into your eyes,
and all the love I would see.
How did I get so lucky,
you were the dad chosen for me.
There is something special
about a father's love.
Seems it was sent for me
for someplace up above.
Our love is everlasting,
I just wanted you to know.
That you're my special hero
and I wanted to tell you so.

by Christina M Kerschen





No comments:

Post a Comment

❀Thanks for stopping by, I always love to here what you have to say. I like to reply to your comments and especially love it when you're NOT a "noreplyblogger" so I can email my reply to you! If you like what you read have a peek to your right for ways you can follow me and my blog❀

Total Pageviews